Today is a good day for me, and by extension America. Not only do I make my triumphant return to The Ledge with "Super Bowl Notes", but also my Conversation With an Indie Sports Fan is featured on CollegeHumor. Now if only I could miraculously learn how to draw, I think this day would be perfect.
Here's the Ledge:
Super Bowl Notes
-Patriots QB Tom Brady was recently seen wearing a protective boot while taking flowers to his supermodel girlfriend Giselle Bundchen. Meanwhile, Giants QB Eli Manning was perfectly healthy when seen delivering flowers to his brother, Peyton.
-In an effort to intimidate the Patriots, the Giants have decided to wear helmets with an uppercase NY logo instead of the lowercase one worn throughout the season.
-In an effort to shut down Patriots WR Randy Moss, the Giants have signed the woman who has filed a restraining order against Moss, Rachelle Washington, as a cornerback.
-Patriots head coach Bill Belichick sparked controversy when he admitted to taping past Super Bowl commercials.
-Coming off a 3 interception performance against the Chargers in the AFC championship game, Tom Brady was quoted as saying, “I definitely think I can do better than that, I bet I can throw 6 picks and still win.”
-When asked what he thought about the accusations of steroid use against Roger Clemens, Patriots veteran LB Junior Seau responded, “I don’t see how anybody can play professional sports for more than 18 years without taking steroids.”
-When asked how they would defend the Patriots talented receiving corps, New England bodyguards responded, “we have guns.”
-The New York Giants have asked halftime performer Tom Petty to perform “Mary Jane’s Last Dance” in hopes of causing emotional distress to New England WR Randy Moss.
-In what may be the most tragic yet appropriate case in the history of sports, Giants WR Amani Toomer has developed brain cancer. Luckily, TE Jeremy Shockey has yet to be electrocuted.
Matt Gorman couldn’t resist using those last two puns. He apologizes.
1.2.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey good job Matt !!!
Yo dude, what is "the ledge?" That list was funny stuff.
It's the humor column in the school paper, but they haven't been publishing mine lately, probably because they are too offensive.
Nice man, I wish I could write that stuff for my paper. I just write stuff in the Arts section, and am petitioning my editor to accept my buddy and I's completely pun-based comic entitled "It's a Punderful Life".
You might try submitting some of them to CH, now that they have the sports channel... all of them are funny.
Post a Comment